This audio file was created from a revision of the 'Ooni Adeyeye Ogunwusi' article and does not reflect subsequent edits to the article.
From Pagepedia, the global data system of information0 Excellent 0 Good 0 Average 0 Poor
Quote: ❝ O ti se e se; It has been made possible. ❞
Ooni Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi Ojaja II, Ooni of Ife was born into the Giesi Ruling House, Ojaja Royal Compound of Agbedegbede in Ile-Ife - the Cradle of the Yoruba worldwide, on October 17, 1974, into the family of Prince Ropo, a radio and television anchor and presenter, and Late Mrs Margret Wuraola Ogunwusi (of Soji Opa family compound, Ile-Ife). He is the successor of the late Oba Okunade Sijuwade who died on July 28, 2015; he was crowned the 51st Ooni of Ife on the 7th of December, 2015. Prequel to his enthronement, Ooni, a Chartered Accountant, has been "an astute entrepreneur driven by turning impossibilities to possibilities". He is the Founder and Managing Director of Gran Imperio Group, the holding company of Real Estate and Construction, Manufacturing, Facilities Management, Leisure and Tourism companies in Nigeria. Ooni Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi was involved in the trading and marketing of commodities as the main facilitator for Dangote Group’s break into the ‘up-country supply chain consortium’ between 1996 and 1999. He also traded for Dohagro Allied, Global Apex, Olam, Clemco, Stallion Group and Milan Group at about the same period. This was where he gained his expertise in marketing which till date is one of his major strengths. He has been the Director of Imperial Homes Mortgage Bank Limited (formerly GTHomes), a leading National Mortgage Bank and former subsidiary of one of the biggest banks in Africa, Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB), and Director of FinaTrust Microfinance Bank Limited - one of Nigeria’s foremost Microfinance Banks focusing on SMEs and micro credit facilities. Furthermore, he facilitated the biggest Lead and Aluminum recycling plant set up in Nigeria by the National Steel Company of India in Ota, Ogun State.
He began his strides in the Real Estate sector with various dredging and land reclamation projects in Lagos State. Ooni Adeyeye is the initiator of EssentialHomes, a real estate product launched in January 2014 formed to deliver affordable upscale homes to the middle and low income earners. The first phase of the product - The Southpointe Estate, Lafiaji Road, Lekki, Lagos State - started in February 2014 and has been successfully delivered within a year with approximately 60% occupancy recorded. This attests to the huge market demand and acceptability of the EssentialHomes brand. He also led the team that developed the prestigious Northpointe Estate Phases I, II, III and Midland Court on Chevron Drive Lekki Lagos. In addition, Ooni Adeyeye has successfully undertaken more multi-billion Naira projects across Lagos and its environs; Jacob Mews Estate, Yaba; Lakeview Park I and II Estates Lekki; the ongoing Golden Leaf Estate, Lafiaji, Lekki; the Lord's Estate, which is in patnership with Oba Adedapo Tejuosho; the piling of Lagos Homes, Ilubirin, Lagos; Grand Lake Estate Ajah, Lagos; and the upcoming Ife Grand Resort and Leisure. The ambitious, innovative, and humane paramount ruler with exceptional savvy business ideas delved into Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) locally and abroad for over thirteen years. He is also actively involved in the development of over 2,500 housing units with various consortia of developers within the last 8 years. In Nigeria, he set up and fostered strong trade relationships through the Association for International Business (AIB) with presence in over 200 member countries across the globe. One of the laudable achievements of this body includes the trade facilitation between the United Arab Emirates (Jebel Ali free Trade Zone development) and the Federal Government of Nigeria through the Nigerian Investment Promotion Commission (NIPC). Furthermore, he was a co-organizer for Ondo State Economic Planning and Implementation Committee. Hence, he led the Government delegation team to Canada in 2002 that promoted strategic alliances through a partnership with the Ondo State Government on solid mineral potentials of the state (Bitumen, Dimension Stones, Granite, etc.) which, in turn, gave rise to the formation of the 'Amalgamated Mining and Exploration Company Limited', wholly owned by Ondo State Government. He facilitated the development of Sparkwest Steel Galvanizing Plant (the only Steel Galvanizing Plant in Nigeria), National Iron Ore Mining Company Limited, and Jakura Mines resuscitation projects, which has eventually become the major limestone feedstock to Obajana Cement Plant in Kogi State, Nigeria.
Ooni Adeyeye has a clear track record of community development starting with his home town. On the occasion of his Mum’s funeral, the community was without any form of electricity. The King, then a Prince, embarked on a 'Power Project' to install transformers and light poles that generated electricity which are serving the people of that community till date. This 'Power project' is also being extended to the other parts of the town. The Lafiaji community, off Orchid Hotel road, Lekki-Epe expressway, Lagos also benefited from his community development projects with the opening up and reconstruction of a 6.5km road, with a 1.1km green extension and its electrification powered by his company, Gran Imperio Group without Government intervention. Within a year, he led a team that opened a remote jungle called Inagbe Island in Amuwo Odofin LGA, Lagos, thus fulfilling his dream to develop one of the best resorts in Nigeria. His vision and creativity transformed Inagbe Island into a whole new community offering spectacular world class relaxation and recreational facilities. The multi-billion Naira Inagbe Grand Resorts and Leisure, bounded by the Lagos Lagoon and the Atlantic Ocean is the first of its kind in the whole of West Africa. With this feat, he is set to increase the country's GDP through tourism and reduce unemployment, as it would be a source of direct and indirect employment. At the launch of this magnificent project in December 2013, The Managing Director of First Bank Plc., Mr Bisi Onasanya, told The Nation Newspaper (published on December 13, 2013) that tourism remains a veritable means of entrepreneurship and a source of revenue for Nigeria, hence it should be given necessary support.
Similarly, within few months of his ascension to the throne, Ooni Adeyeye had achieved astounding feats.
• He commenced the replicating of the Inagbe Grand Resort in a bid to rebrand Ile – Ife, having already acquired a good land mass for the project.
• He was appointed as the Chancellor of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, by the President, Federal Republic of Nigeria.
• On March 7, 2016, he was the recipient of the prestigious NIDSA (National Ife Descendants Students’ Association) GOLD AWARD for 2015 on the occasion of the Ife Day celebration.
• On June 12, 2016, Ooni, alongside his wife Olori Wuraola Ogunwusi (Yeyelua), was presented with the key of the City of Sumerset, Franklin Township in New Jersey by the Mayor of the City of Sumerset, Honourable Phillip Kramer.
• Following his return from the USA where he visited to seek involvement of Africans in Diaspora in his peace and unity agenda and solicit for their support for the continent on developmental projects in agriculture, tourism, infrastructure and youth development, on July 12, 2016, he signed a Memorandum of Understanding worth $1.4bn with a U.S. based company, SpringPort Technological Group to build a Technology, Media City and Agriculture Incubation Hub in Ile – Ife.
• He engaged about 200,000 youths for empowerment through agriculture to complement government efforts to further reduce crime rate and unemployment in our society. He has acquired 30 square miles of land in Ile-Ife for agricultural investments in cocoa, oil palm and rubber plantation which has a great potential for the diversification of Nigeria’s economy.
• He empowered over 20,000 widows who are war victims and engaged them in palace and community sanitation with weekly benefits for their upkeeps.
• This bridge builder and advocate of peace has travelled to many parts of Nigeria, preaching unity and peace among traditional rulers and promoting youth empowerment to reduce crime rate and unemployment in the society.
• He has reached out to over 50 countries through their Ambassadors and country representatives in Nigeria, advocating global peace and promoting unity with focus on Africans and the entire black race.
• Multi-million naira reconstruction of the ancient palace of the Ooni of Ife known as Ile - Oodua.
• Donation of 100 Transformers (250KVA) to various communities to improve power/electricity supply in Ifeland.
• A staunch lover of culture and tradition, he has taken it upon himself to reconstruct and renovate all the heritage spots that have been in existence for thousands of years for the entire world to have a feel in form of pilgrimage and tourism thereby promoting the cultural heritage and natural endowments of Ile-Ife through tourism.
• Donation of small scale equipments for manufacturing of vegetable oil, cassava flakes processing, block making machine, palm kernel equipments, technology incubation centres and so many others donated for youth empowerment in Ife.
• Provision of 7 units of 36 mass transit buses for easy cross country movements in Ife especially for thousands of students moving in and out of Ife.
• Arranging many youths into various cooperative groups for empowerment programmes.
• He is working closely with many agricultural research institutes over improved yields in order to encourage the youths to go back to the farmland. He has taken it upon himself to establish the largest cocoa nursery field in Nigeria to commence plantation of improved seedlings as Ife is known to be one of the largest cocoa-producing communities in Nigeria.
Ooni Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi (Ojaja II) has attained the following academic and professional accomplishments, among others:
• Doctor of Public Administration, Honoris Causa, from the prestigious University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN), the only unifying ivory tower in Nigeria.
• Higher National Diploma in Accountancy from a reputable Institution in Nigeria.
• Member, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN).
• Member, Institute of Directors (IoD) of Nigeria.
• Member, Global Real Estate Institute (GRI) - a global club of senior real estate investors, developers and lenders headquartered in Northwest London.
Ooni Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi is indeed a highly dignified man, fearless and daring, a self-made man who not only has passion for his home town but for his country as a whole. He has forged respectable alliances with some of the most esteemed Royal fathers, leaders and kings of our time. It is without doubt, the Ooni of Ile - Ife through his vision to impact the lives of everyone around him and his fervent passion for humanity has broken grounds as an investor in people and a preservationist of the cultural heritage of Ile Ife. He is loved and highly admired by the people of Ile-Ife and most importantly, he remains in tune with his roots and tradition.
His Imperial Majesty, Alayeluwa Oba (Dr.) Adeyeye Babatunde Enitan Ogunwusi (Ojaja II), the Ooni of Ife, the Arole of Oodua and the Paramount Head of all the Yoruba people worldwide is an outstanding personality, the custodian of Yoruba culture and tradition, an internationally-acknowledged business icon, a man of immense substance, a great achiever and administrator par excellence, the reincarnation of Oduduwa and father of the Yoruba Nation and indeed, the Royal Eagle of our Time.
Ooni Ògúnwùsì hails from Giesi Royal Family, one of the four royal families in Ilé-Ife, Osun State, Nigeria. The last Ooni from the family was Ooni Derin Ologbenla(1880-1894). Ooni Ògúnwùsì assumed the title of Òjájá (II). Ojaja (I) was from Agbedegbede Compound, Iremo Quarters (the ancestral home of the Giesi). His father is Prince Ropò Ògúnwùsì, a veteran broadcaster. He is the third son in a family of six. He has three sisters. He has a daughter, Adéolá Àánúolúwapo Ògúnwùsì, born in Ibadan, in May 1994, to Omolara Olatubosun with whom he has been a co-parent. He is now currently married to Wuraola Zynab Otiti, The wedding took place in Benin City while the reception held in Ile-Ife.Updated on 2016 Fri Sep, 10:05:10 am
Accountant, Real Estate Developer, KingUpdated on 2016 Thu May, 06:29:58 pm
LiberalUpdated on 2016 Thu May, 06:28:28 pm
His Royal Majesty, Paramount Ruler, 51st Ooni of Ile Ife.
Founder and Managing Director of Gran Imperio Group, the holding company of Real Estate and Construction, Manufacturing, Facilities Management, Leisure and Tourism companies in Nigeria.
Director of Imperial Homes Mortgage Bank Limited (formerly GTHomes), a leading National Mortgage Bank and former subsidiary of one of the biggest banks in Africa, Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB).
Director of FinaTrust Microfinance Bank Limited - one of Nigeria’s foremost Microfinance Banks focusing on SMEs and micro credit facilities.
On June 12, 2016, Ooni, alongside his wife Olori Wuraola Ogunwusi (Yeyelua), was presented with the key of the City of Sumerset, Franklin Township in New Jersey by Honourable Phillip Kramer, the Mayor of the City of Sumerset.
Chancellor of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Nigeria.
Doctor of Public Administration, Honoris Causa, from the prestigious University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN), the only unifying ivory tower in Nigeria.
Higher National Diploma in Accountancy from a reputable Institution in Nigeria.
Member, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN).
Member, Institute of Directors (IoD) of Nigeria.
Member, Global Real Estate Institute (GRI) - a global club of senior real estate investors, developers and lenders headquartered in Northwest London.
NIDSA (National Ife Descendants Students’ Association) GOLD AWARDEE for 2015 on the occasion of the Ife Day celebration.
On July 12, 2016, he signed a Memorandum of Understanding worth $1.4bn with a U.S. based company, SpringPort Technological Group to build a Technology, Media City and Agriculture Incubation Hub in Ile – Ife.