This audio file was created from a revision of the 'LAI MOHAMMED' article and does not reflect subsequent edits to the article.
From Pagepedia, the global data system of information0 Excellent 0 Good 0 Average 0 Poor
Quote: ā¯¯ ‘If this masquerade is well-packaged, it can provide employment.. ā¯˛
Alhaji Lai Mohammed was born into the family of Alhaji Mohammed Adekeye in 1952. He earned a bachelor’s degree in French from Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife in 1975, and a Bachelor of Laws degree from the University of Lagos and the Nigerian Law School in 1986. Alhaji Lai Mohammed co-founded the legal firm of Edu & Mohammed in 1989, being a Senior Partner.
Lai Mohammed is a popular Nigerian politician. In October 2002, he was the Alliance for Democracy gubernatorial candidate in Kwara state. Furthermore, he served as Chief of Staff to former Governor of Lagos state, Bola Ahmed Tinubu. Also, he was the National Publicity Secretary of the All Progressives Congress (APC). On November 11, 2015, he was sworn in by President Muhammadu Buhari as Minister of Information and Culture following his appointment and successful screening by the Nigerian Senate, and he currently serves in that office.
Alhaji Lai Mohammed is an astute businessman, who has served as the Chairman of Optmedia Limited, a subsidiary of Afromedia Plc since December 18, 2008. He has also served as the Director of Afromedia PLC since May 2011. Alhaji Mohammed is also a fellow of the Nigerian Institute of Public Relations (NIPR), and has worked as Public Relations Officer for almost 10 years with the Nigerian Airport Authority, now Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria (FAAN).
Happily Married.Updated on 2016 Tue Jul, 11:59:00 am
Chairman of Optmedia LimitedUpdated on 2016 Tue Jul, 11:57:58 am
All Progressive Congress (APC)Updated on 2016 Tue Sep, 03:13:01 pm
* He holds a B.A. (Hons) French (1976) (Ife), LL.B (1985) (Unilag) & B.L (Hons) (Nigerian Law School) (1986)
* He also attended Centre Audio Visuel de Langues Modernes, Vichy France.
* He worked as as Senior PRO, Principal PRO & Assistant Cheif PROat the Nigerian Ports Authority between 1978 & 1987
* He was Principal Partner at Edu & Mohammed (Attorneys – At – Law) between 1989 and 1999.
* He is also a fellow of the Nigerian Institute of Public Relations (NIPR) and the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA).
* He was a foundation member of the Social Democratic Party and member of the National Democratic Coalition.
* He was the coordinator of Bola Tinubu Campaign Organisation in 1998 & later served as Chief of Staff between 1999- 2002
* He later contested for the governorship position in Kwara state under the platform of the Alliance for Democracy.
* Lai Mohammed is the author of the book ‘Witness to History‘ 2003 & Leadership Nigeria Politician of the Year 2008 & 2012.